Re: KMail dependence on Akonadi

On 2017-07-07 18:37:22 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
> By what purpose there is KMail dependence on other services? Can it
> work standalone?

	Based on the responses that I saw during the rollout of KDE4 and the
confusion that Akonadi caused, the KDE developers think that Akonadi is a
wonderful tool that should be connected to every other component of KDE,
whether or not that makes sense, and regardless of any adverse impacts that
it causes.  I believe that eventually the community was able to convince them
to put in some sort of mechanism for disabling Akonadi, but I'm not sure that
doing so does not in some ways cripple the parts of KDE (e.g. Kmail) that
depend on it.  Akonadi is one of the major new "features" that have caused me
to retain KDE3 as my desktop.