krecipes with remote mysql server

Hi,

Any krecipes users on/out here?

I'm trying to set things up so that I can have a central mysql database that's accessible from multiple hosts. I'm a complete newby in this domain, but did manage to follow the instructions [http://www.preprogrammer.com/allow-remote-connections-to-mysql-server-ubuntu/] such that the command

%> mysql -u $logname -h remote_host.local -p

gets me a connection. Not sure if it's really necessary, but that started working after I did a `GRANT ALL ON *.* TO '$logname'@'portia.home';` . No password needed for now (we'll see about adding one later).

However, a remote KRecipes continues to complain about not being able to connect to the database.

Any ideas or step-by-step instructions? The handbook doesn't seem to carry any of those for mysql, not even an explanation of the client and server host fields.

Thanks,
René