Qt-Creator / Designer

I have been playing with this on and off for some time and decided to upgrade it and ran into a problem.

I mostly use the designer as I am not much of a c++ person. My previous version had many KDE icons by the widgets most if not all of these have been replaced with a QT icon - nice easy way of MS effectively gaining "ownership" I thought and then I tried to use them. First problem was that compile - run couldn't always find header files. I noticed that these were in quotes rather than <> so found them and moved them into the project directory. They all then generate unresolved references so don't in real terms work at all or at least I can't see a way of making them work. The widgets are there and it does appear to find them.

This leaves me wondering if there is a real Open Souce fork about or true Open Source widgets sets that can be added and that function in the designer? I thought this might be the best place to ask. There doesn't seem to be any similar Linux IDE's available.

All rather sad really as the designer allows relative novices to get a head start. It's also very multi platform. :=( I clicked on it's config file and had a surprise when wine opened it. I suspect this indicates where it's going to go. There are some interesting rumour about concerning what happened to Nokia.

John
PS - Hope this comes through in plain text. Looks like yahoo have sorted that out now. Rich but not HTML has been known to happen. Sorry etc if it does again :-) but it ain't as bad as html.
-