Re: Sound problems again...

On Friday 15 August 2014 9:10:08 AM Duncan wrote:

> Jogchum Reitsma posted on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:59:32 +0200 as excerpted:

> > Problem solved.

> > I came across

> > "https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/499971-Can-t-configure-

> sound-card",

> > where was suggested to throw away /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf, and let

> > Yast configure the soundcard again. For that problem it didn'nt help (it

> > appeared to be a hardware problem after all), but in my case it solved

> > the problem. While the old and new /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf are

> > exactly the same.

> Thanks for the update.

> Being on gentoo of course I build my own kernels and I've been running

> monolithic kernels configured with all the drivers I need built-in for

> many years now, so any solution involving dumping a modprobe config to

> let the distro-specific tool reconfigure it would have been relatively

> unlikely to occur to me.

> Which makes it all the more valuable that you posted the fix report, as

> now I have a possible fix I'd be relatively unlikely to consider on my

> own, on my list to suggest that other try when they have similar issues.

> =:^)

If the problem seems to be related to PulseAudio you can try by installing the Veromix widget that at least for me works way better than KMix does.

https://code.google.com/p/veromix-plasmoid/

kind regards,

Sinclair

using Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.13.3, have used Veromix instead of KMix over the last 2 years or so