Re: krfb

There is no desktop to share if you are not logged in, so how do you propose to have a desktop sharing program work?

It sounds like you need an actual remote login program. I would suggest either ssh + X11 forwarding, or even XDMCP (although there are many security implications with that option)

krfb is to -share- your desktop. Not a remote login manager. You can likely work around the issue, but it is far better to use an application designed for remote login rather than hammer a remote viewing/sharing application into it's place.

Chuck