Re: krunner: broken font rendering

On 17/09/12 02:42, Duncan wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras posted on Sun, 16 Sep 2012 15:49:27 +0300 as excerpted:

I know what kerning is.  I know about the autohinter and I have it
disabled.

But did you try /enabling/ and adjusting?  You said it happened with an
upgrade.  Maybe the upgrade changed the conditions enough to change the
config that works best for you.

This is all taken care of by fontconfig (/etc/fonts/local.font). The autohinter isn't used, unless specifically forced. And no, it doesn't change anything; kerning isn't done by the hinter to begin with. I can completely disable hinting and AA, and the kerning will still look broken.

This isn't due to an update, btw. It has always been this way. But after many KDE releases having the same problem, I concluded that this isn't getting fixed either because no one noticed, or this is intended behavior.