Re: KAddressbook Spawning Tags

On 5/19/2012 5:38 PM, Duncan wrote:
If you want/need the PIM, etc, /especially/ if you want/need it
integrated with your mail client, that's something entirely different.
In that case you /are/ likely to have a database-managed backend of
/some/ sort -- both evolution and (I believe) outlook do -- but those
apparently take quite some years to stabilize and while kde's akonadified
kdepim functionality, unified in the kontact interface or as the separate
apps, will probably get there eventually, whether it's worth the growing
pains as a user is a different question.  Personally, if I /needed/ that
(to me) bloated functionality, I'd probably stick with kontact, but I
don't, so...  Meanwhile, both outlook and evolution are rather more
mature, so one could at least hope that they're past those growing pains
and are rather more stable these days.

Yea.. I've been around long enough to remember very similar issues with evolution during it's early days.

TBH, I wasn't aware that evolution managed to get stable.. my first experiences with it, many years ago, was severe instability..

Was, basically "Lemme try this gnome thing.. evolution? some sort of email client? *set up my account* wtf? it just crashed? This sucks.. won't be using it, then" lol

Now, apparently, it's stable. :)

--
Chuck Burns