Re: Playing around with Kubuntu 12.04 beta

On 09/04/12 09:12, Hans Muecke wrote:
> Still not what I want and might never like it although it is more usable to me
> (am old fashioned ... I like my icons on the desktop).

If you right-click on empty space on the desktop, is Desktop Settings an
option?  If so, the top choice would be called something like Layout.
Change that to Folder View and the default settings should give you a
desktop pretty much the same as KDE3 was.

I've never used Kubuntu, but that's a standard option on KDE.

Anne