Icons in Dolphin are jumping around

I installed KDE 4.8 RC2. I previously had 4.7.4. I've hit some extremely annoying behavior in the new version: when I enter a new directory in Dolphin or delete (or create) new files, the existing file icons jump around. I've only used the new version for an hour or so, but I'm already on the brink of shooting myself in the head. I value my head, so for now I stopped using Dolphin and do my work in Midnight Commander in a terminal.

I've searched all the Dolphin settings, but I can't find a way to disable the jumping icons. I really hope there's some way to disable them?