Re: file indexing under KDE 4.7.3

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:20:03 +0530, Thomas Olsen <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 22 November 2011 14:12 phanisvara das wrote:
i noticed since KDE 4.7.3 that file indexing, after the initial index of
all files specified in strigi configuration has finished, remains
suspended on each log in. un-suspending seems to cause all files to be
re-indexed.

i'm wondering if changes to the indexed files, or addition of new ones
into the indexed folders, will get picked up by some nepomuk daemon while indexing remains suspended, or if i'm supposed to un-suspend it now & then
to keep the index up-to-date?

Here - also on 4.7.3 - it wakes up from idle and indexes new/changed files. And
it has stopped re-indexing my music collection all the time.
Unfortunately it has also stopped working from krunner, so it's not really
that useful...

strange, for me krunner still shows nepomuk search results. you didn't disable the krunner plugin, did you?

--
phani.