Re: is there a way to assign apps. to certain activities

phanisvara das writes:

> i'm wondering if there's a way, perhaps via qdbus commands, to assign
> certain applications to a particular activity, or all activities, when
> they start up? even in KDE 4.7 i couldn't find a way to do that, neither
> via GUI nor .rc files...

In KDE 4.6.2, the 2nd entry 'Actvities' in the window menu (the one left in
the title bar) does allow this. Similar to the first entry, where you can
set on which desktops the application should show up.

Do you have this menu entry? Some days ago I was also looking for this, and
did not find it. I wonder how I could overlook this, but maybe it was not
there at this moment? My KDE was acting somewhat weird then, konqueror was
suddenly closing all tabs without the usual confirmation dialog, konqueror
was hanging when opening the settings dialog, kontact's save file dialog
sometimes also was hanging and I had to kill it. All these problems went
away when I logged out and in again.

	Wonko