kde 4.6.2 shutdown problem

After upgrading to 4.6.2 on kubuntu maverick, I noticed that the shutdown menu item isn't working correctly.

Calling shutdown from the K menu causes kde and X to stop, but leaves me at VT1 with a login prompt.  I then have to login and issue the shutdown command.

The only workaround is to issue the shutdown command from the CLI within KDE.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is this a 4.6.2 bug or a compiling bug?
Paul