Re: Sounds works in Dragon Player but not Kaffeine

In <201104061229.12311.bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

>>> Xine.

>>> I can try that, but I don't think this is an Phonon issue.  I think it is
>>> a  Kaffeine issue.  Dragon player uses Phonon and sound works perfectly
>>> in it.
>>
>>the vlc one is highly
>>recommended lately,
>
>I can't get any sound out of the VLC backend at all.
>
>>though on my system the gstreamer one works best.
>
>I'll try that now.

Tried it.  Sounds works in the Multimedia panel and Amarok (at the same time)
Dragon player hangs when opening any video and doesn't play any sounds.
Kaffeine plays video, but so sounds -- so same behavior as the Xine backend.

So, I get the best results out of the Xine backend, but it still doesn't work
in Kaffeine.  So, is there another Phonon-based player that supports
playlists; fiddling with the video player between each track in annoying.

I guess I'll file some bugs (Debian + KDE) and start trying package upgrades
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   ((_/)o o(\_))