Re: Qt4.7 repo needed for Kde:/Distro:/Factory?

phanisvara das posted on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:37:37 +0530 as excerpted:

> when some KDE packages came up for update today, most of them showed
> unresolveable dependencies for libqt-x11 >= 4.7.2. i found these in
> KDE:/Qt47, added the repo, and solved the dependencies with vendor
> change.
>
> wondering if this is a permanent requirement, or perhaps my mirror
> didn't have the latest libqt-x11 available yet?

FWIW... That sounds like a distribution package repo question, not
something for the general kde list (tho someone here may happen to have
the answer).  So I'd suggest posting the question to your distro list(s)/
forum(s)/irc-channel(s)/whatever.

That said, a quick google (I only have qt 4.7.1 on my system here) says qt
4.7.2 was apparently released on March 1st, so it's only been out a couple
days.  My guess is that your distro and normal repos simply hadn't had
time to fully package, test and release yet the new upstream version, and
that it'll hit the regular repos given time.