knetworkmanager is not saving vpn passwords

Hi,
I'm using kde 4.6 on gentoo linux. the problem is that knetworkmanager is not
saving my vpn password (pptp). I tried removing kwallet and knetworkmanager
config files from ~/.kde4/ , but it didn't make any difference! another problem
with knetworkmanager is that I can't configure it to save passwords as plain
text (unencrypted) or make it do not save passwords and always ask! no matter
what option I choose , It will go back on encrypted password saving mode!

my main problem is knetworkmanager not saving vpn passwords and I really need
to use that! (Living in Iran means you need to use vpn/proxies to access free
internet!)

Thanks in advance
Farhad Hedayati-Fard