Re: KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts

Hi,

> ...I just did not figure out how to select icons
> for my links. I tried their context menu actions, their Properties, but
> could not find any 'icon file' property.

"properties" is the right direction. after propt. opens, you're in the "general"
tab. on the left you see the icon that's presently displayed for the shortcut.
just click on that icon, and you'll see... :)

Well, on the "General" tab the icon cannot be activated on my system, but there is a small "tool" icon on the right of the "Type" property. By selecting it, you get the "Edit File Type" dialog, where you can select and change the icon. Anyway, thanks.

i think (from messages in mailing lists, etc.) that openSUSE wiki
<http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wiki> is supposed to be the future "userbase." it's
under construction at the moment, and not  in a very advanced stage, at least re.
content.

Thanks, they have for example some nice KDE 4 tips (http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/08/13/some-kde-4-tips-you-should-know/), ..

to get information & help, i'd recommend:

1. google. often useful with "site:opensuse.org" as start of the search query,
limiting results to everything under opensuse.org. there are many good articles,
but i couldn't say exactly where w/o searching. (i hope the wiki will make that
easier in the future.)

2. forums & mailing lists:
<http://lists.opensuse.org/> (list of lists)
etc.)