Re: KMail: distribution lists not working

On Sunday 06 June 2010 01:59:05 Bob Stia wrote:

> > When I save the Email to 'drafts', it just lists one

> > recipient: <name of distribution list>.

> Yes, but when you opened the email in the drafts folder did you try to

> edit  the message? When you open it and then edit it, it will list all of

> the recipients. If it doesn't show that then the distribution list is not

> right.

> Try making a new list or renaming the existing one. When you select the

> distribution list dropdown and choose the list you want to send it to, the

> name of that list should show immediately on the "To" line.

Since a user asked this question again in the kde forum yesterday, I did check that it was still working. I have a "Test Distribution" list that sends a message to me at three different email addresses. I used the Select button on the To line, and I received all three messages.

However, remember that this is a backport. I don't know what impact that has on a gentoo system - whether it requires some black magic to get the backport included :-)

Anne

--

KDE Community Working Group