Re: KDE software

TO,

Appreciate the reply.

I was uncertain as to whether the site would provide POP details, obvious they are here.

After checking Dolphin I found everything still there, simply no ability to open the software.

Sorry but KMail never worked for me. Even so I was able to access the following;

openoffice.org
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
Please ensure that a JVM and the package openoffice.org-java-common
is installed.
If it is already installed then try removing ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/javasettings_Linux_*.xml

As I stated previously, my login and password are locked in OpenOffice or I would not bother you. I looked at the OpenOffice support but again, my login and  password are locked.

I tried to transfer the odt files to a disk but was unsuccessful. I write for the Internet, having shutdown and restarted I face cache problems regarding access to media outlets. I have already logged in again to some by changing passwords and saving them on email sites.

Not trying to whine and moan about problems that are mine, eventually I will resolve things. Alternatives will be necessary, there simply is not time. I think I am pretty much a dead duck in the short run. ¡Que será!

Med venlig hilsen
JB

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Thomas Olsen <xxx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 19 April 2010 19:30:45 J Burst <xxx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unknown,
>
> My OpenOffice software is closed, it will not open.
>
> Attempts to convey the problem by uploading a scan failed, the program was
> unable to link to browser (FF, Linux version).
>
> I cannot login to forums, all passwords... are in OpenOffice.
>
> The only thing I was able to find when playing hit and miss with Kubuntu
> was *The file or folder help:/korganizer/index.html does not exist*. This
> is the first OS I have used where I have had no access to scripting.
> Besides shutting down and restarting I am a complete DS with regard to
> resolving simple problems such as this. I have no idea how to reload the
> software without erasing all saved files on it. Then again, I have no
> access to nothing at this point.
>
> In that light, this POP is my olny means of contact.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Working in the dark,
> JB
>

> Kubuntu 9+ (latest)

OpenOffice is not part of KDE SC. You might want to try at the Kubuntu mailing
list at kubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I cannot see what mail client you are using but if you are using KMail just
click on https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users to open
Konqueror and subscribe to the list. Otherwise open Konqueror from
K=>Applications=>Internet=>Konqueror and copy/paste the link.

For a start open Konsole (ALT+F2 type "konsole") and start OpenOffice with the
command openoffice.org and see if you get any eroor messages.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

--