Re: klipper gone from panel - how can I re-add it?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 06.04.2010 17:21, Krenar Qehaja wrote:
>> On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:01:33 Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>>> I don't see klipper in tray: if it's not a bug, what then? A feature?
>>
>> Try to remove klipper's user-space files:
>>
>> Quit klipper ->  killall klipper
>> rm -rf .kde/share/apps/klipper
>> rm -rf .kde/share/config/klipperrc
>> Start klipper ->  klipper
>>
>> And tell us if there is any change.
>
> I tried that already, but it doesn't change anything (the only
> difference is that my KDE4 keeps settings in .kde4).
>
> What's interesting, a newly created user account:
> - does show klipper,
> - exiting klipper, starting it from konsole makes it appear in tray
>

> I tried copying klippre config files from the new account (and changed
> file ownership), but it also doesn't bring anything.
>

> So I wonder what's screwed with my KDE4 settings that prevents klipper
> from showing up. And how to fix it without removing the whole .kde*
> directory.

Isolate the config files one at a time until you find the one causing
trouble. There is one small problem doing one at a time. There might
be two files causing trouble.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become