Stop Kmail from removing leading spaces

Hi guys,

How can I stop KMail from cleaning up leading spaces from a sig when an email is sent.
I think that KMail>Composer>Edit>Clean Spaces is executed when a message is sent
Ex : The char arrangement below will be messed up when it reaches you !

\|||/
--ooO-(o o)-Ooo---
Andrew (_) Chelladurai

I have looked at the preferences but have not been able to find or overlooked and option to remedy this.
I am on Kubuntu Jaunty running KMail 1.11.2 on KDE 4.2.2

--
class &Ru { // writes Java & liks *NIX*
psvm(String cmdLn[]){