Re: Uploading files or downloading files causes crashing.

> Might I first ask if you have a POP email account with your ISP? and, if
> so, why are you using web-mail?
>
> I have not been having the specific problems you describe.  I don't use
> web-mail.  However, I have been having problems with both Konqueror and
> Firefox crashing and I suspect that there is a KDE problem.
> Specifically, I suspect the window manager: "Kwin".
>
> I don't really have any suggestions except to use the most recent
> versions (stable) of KDE and Firefox.
>

> Hi James,
>

> I use Web Mail because that is what I have. Yahoo mail. And its benefit is that I can read my mail at a friend's house, or at the library, or at work.
> But the problem is not because of web mail.

KMail can be set to leave mail on the server. You would still be able
to see your mail from any where. If you have IMAP through your ISP you
can keep mail synced between multiple machines.

I use gmail and the gmail web interface for convenience. Gmail works
well with cellular phones using IMAP. Love my Motorola Droid with the
Android OS.