Is it possible -Don't suspend when audio is playing.

I'm trying to set up a HTPC and I want it to suspend if there is nothing
happening... The issue is that the Idle time in the "power management" seem
to only be re-set by mouse/keyboard movements.  This means that while
watching a movie or listening to music the system suspends so I have to turn
it off totally.

I would like to have fairly aggressive power saving profile (say 5 minute
idle > Suspend to RAM) but would only be able to achieve this if idle time
is not counted when audio was playing.

Most of my watching is done using XMBC which can shutdown if not in use.  So
if there was a way to not suspend while a specific program was running that
would suffice, but doesn't quite work if I'm listening to amarok (which is a
much better audio player).

If anyone point me in right direction I would be grateful.

Tristan

BTW KDE 4.3.4 if that helps