Re: CD ripping

On Thursday 19 November 2009 22:04:28 spir wrote:
> Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've not tried it for that (or indeed, much at all), but perhaps the
> > audiocd: kioslave will do what you need?  It is discussed elsewhere in
> > to be in (the application formerly known as) kcontrol (aka generically,
> > system settings), advanced user settings, audio CDs.  (And I see there a
> > CD device setting, which might be why it wasn't working for me in my very
> > limited tests as mentioned elsewhere, earlier.)
>
> Thank you for your reply. I've noticed & set the settings in "(the
>  application formerly known as) kcontrol" (lol!). But have no idea how to
>  use "audiocd: kioslave".

You should just slip the CD in the tray and after a short while the Device
Notifier (you will have to add that to your panel) will pop up. There you will
be asked what to do with it. Choose "Open in Dolphin". It then uses the
audiocd kio slave. Otherwise just write audiocd:/ in the location bar of
Konqueror or Dolphin.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen