Re: stop the idle cursor from disappearing in kde4

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Bogus Zaba <bogsub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
genericmaillists@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> What I am talking about is the cursor hides if I don't move the mouse
> for several seconds and then comes right back when I do move the
> mouse. This happens in the KDE4 desktop and the applications make no
> difference. It happens no matter what is open or closed. That is
> probably the reason for the locate mouse in the desktop all effects,
> which I found. that is just as annoying as the mouse hiding.
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     genericmaillists posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2009 03:42:47 -0400 as
>     excerpted:
>
>     > Can this be done? I have have looked through the configuration
>     tools. I
>     > have searched with Google and found nothing. Is there a way to
>     turn of
>     > the disappearing cursor in KDE4? I hate it! I like having the cursor
>     > visible.Can this be done? I have have looked through the
>     configuration
>     > tools. I have searched with Google and found nothing. Is there a
>     way to
>     > turn of the disappearing cursor in KDE4? I hate it! I like
>     having the
>     > cursor visible.This sounds a bit like the mouse cursor behaves (correctly I think) in
applications like video viewers. You con't want to see the mouse cursor
when the video is playing, but when you want to adjust the volume or
picture size or something you want it to come back as soon as you move
the mouse or press a key. Could your cursor be "stuck" in that mode?
Might be worth entering a video player and exiting nicely to see if that
returns it to normal mode.

I would think a re-boot would clear a problem like that.