Re: document path as download target?

Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> In the "About Me" KCM several paths can be set and I did as following:
>
> Documents path: /home/foo/documents
> Download path: /home/foo/download
>
> Strange is that when I want to save a file (from konq, kmail, etc.) the file
> dialog shows the documents path by default. Seems like it should point to the
> download path instead. The question is what's the meaning of the documents
> path here and how it should be used in general (e.g. used as a saving target
> for koffice and similar apps) or whether this is a bug.

What version of KDE-4 are you using.  When asking a question such as
this, it is a good idea to include that information.

I tried this in Trunk and it does still select Documents as the default.

IMO, this is a bug.  The function: "KGlobalSettings::downloadPath" has
been added to KDELibs::KDEUI and it should be used.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch