Re: Compiling FSView source code

Well, i thought FSView has been developed using Qt so it should better be a Qt project.

You are right. There are Makefile.am and Makefile.in files, which i think are there for buildsystem. Makefile.am however, shows that 'automake' should be used but i could not found easy-to-understand examples of how to use this command.

I just want to build the project or the set of .cpp and .h files myself.

The list of files that i have now in a folder named 'test' are:
fsview.cpp, fsview.h, inode.h, inode.cpp, scan.h, scan.cpp, treemap.h, treemap.cpp, fsview_part.h, fsview_part.cpp, Makefile.am and Makefile.in but i want to build these Makefiles myself.

Does that sound right? Can i develop them? When and how to use automake?

Thanks a lot

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Alejandro Exojo <suy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El Miércoles, 15 de Abril de 2009, Usman Ajmal escribió:
> I recently download FSView code and now i just want to compile it....I made
> a project named test.pro and added files of FSView code to it. Then i run
> command

If you downloaded the FSView code, it very probably has the files for the
buildsystem. Why did you created a qmake project file? Note that, FSView
probably is a KDE application, so it probably uses cmake (or autoconf,
automake, etc. in KDE 3), but not qmake.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2