Re: KDE4 font corruption.

If you have the "kdeprefix" USE flag enabled in your /etc/make.conf, you
can install kdelibs 3.5.10 along with KDE 4.2.x.

I do.
But I mentioned the 'wicd' package in other post.  Have you tried that
one?  It's this one: http://wicd.sourceforge.net

yes, I did.
on a previous email I wrote:
can anyone tell me how to connect to a wireless network on kde4? (as in frontend for networkmanager or similar)

I used to use knetworkmanager, but now the closest thing that I could find was networkmanager-applet, and it doesn't work.
It only allows the creation of vpn, if you change an option it will crash the taskbar, and still wont apply the changes.

tried to check this blog,
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/57
but couldn't find any real useful information.

I tried WiCD, no luck, it just stays in an infinite wait trying to log in to the network.

any ideas?
Maybe I'll keep trying and also try to talk to the guys developing the aplet.

That is if I don't find a better solution.

paulo