tiny icons in quicklaunch

I am trialing Slackwware eith KDE-4.2.1 and qt-4.5-rc1 on a spare partition and it appears that quicklaunch is barely visible with icons that appear more like dots than icons. An other widget installed to panel appears and works just fine.

I have tried googling this but I only found one related link for arch linux with exactly the same problem but no solution.

Has anyone come across this behaviour and how did you remedy it?

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Sweetmorn, the 71st of Chaos, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au