Re: [KMail] More folders than just "Local folders"

On Monday 09 Mar 2009 12:13:29 am Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > - look again at the indentation.  Inbox
> > would have
> >
> > +NoOneAccount
> > +NoTwoAccount
> >
> > and so on.  Expanded they would look as I originally said.
>
> Which is not what we want ;D  NoOneAccount and NoTwoAccount need to be at
> the top, not inside of *anything*.

I'm actually not too bothered by folders either being top level or being a sub
folder. My requirement primarily is two fold...

1) To keep my sight away from all mail related to a given account

2) To make backup and restore easy and convenient.

Currently, i'm not too bothered with the top level folder argument as i use
DIMAP for all mail and hence get that indirectly. So for consistency sake
(ignoring the technical requirement of IMAP needing to be that way) i would
say that all accounts should be separated.

Actually, in the interest of backups (folder organization on disk) i think
IMAP accounts should simply keep the folder name as the email address instead
of the random number (?) id that it now uses. But thats another issue... :)
--
Cheers!
Kishore