Strange sign off behavior

Title: Strange sign off behavior

All,

I have a laptop and a workstation on which I recently installed Fedora 10 running KDE  4.1.3 both of which are showing an odd behavior that only occurred after a yum update y that applied a bunch of patches.

Prior to the patching, when I selected Leave and then Shutdown/Logout/Restart I would get a little popup window that allowed me to select Logout, Shutdown or Restart.  Now the same popup window only gives me Logout.  I can then logout, and select shutdown or restart from the sign on screen, but I was wondering where to look to change this back to the original behavior.

Ive done some searching, but not found anything.  Since this showed up on two very different hardware platforms, I assume Im not the only one to see it.

Under the System Settings / Advanced Tab / Session Manager the Offer Shutdown Options box is checked.

Im afraid I dont know which batch of updates caused the change; I do know it wasnt the initial batch of 80+ updates, but as with any new release, the updates have been coming pretty fast.

Thanks in advance for any information/help,

Richard Wilson

EDS, an HP Company

Richard dot Wilson at EDS dot com