Re: is konqueror being abandoned

sibu xolo wrote:
> Konqueror is (still just) my favourite browser but recently
> browsing sites such as http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree
> does not display the comments.  (i.e. below an article  if you click
> on  ""Comments and related information follow Ads by Google ""  nothing
> happens.  (The opposite happens with Firefox).   This was not always so.  I
> have even tried the latest versions of konqeueror in Suse11 and Fedora9.  Is
> konqi being abandoned  (i.e. run down) for firefox?    Or are we to expect
> restoration of      konqi's elegant features in the  KDE4.2?

Konqueror's function as a browser hasn't been changed.  What has changed
is that the 2 KDE-3 file-manager parts have been replaced in KDE-4 with
a single part based on Dolphin.  This new part doesn't yet have all of
the features and the tools seem to have gone missing.

Also, last time I checked (TRUNK), KFM (Konqueror File Manager) isn't on
the menu even though you can now select Konqueror as your default file
manager.

Then there is the question of whether to use KHTML or WebKit to render
web pages.  IIUC, the intention is to support both of them for a while
at least.  So, if you find a page that doesn't work, just file a bug
report on it.  If it used to work, remember to clearly state that it is
a regression.

--
JRT