Re: KRecipes on OpenSUSE 11.0

On Sunday 05 October 2008 14:39:39 Martin (KDE) wrote:

> Am Samstag, 4. Oktober 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > > simple question: do you have the qt3 devel stuff installed? And

> > > is QTDIR set to the right directory?

> > At this point I don't know the answer to that. I have:

> > 'qt3-devel' is already installed.

> > Nothing to do.

> > but

> > locate qt3-devel

> > /usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel

> > /usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel/changes-3.3.8b

> > /usr/share/susehelp/meta/Development/Libraries/qt3-devel-doc.deskto

> Na, that must not be wrong. Try

> rpm -qa | grep qt

> to see if the package is installed correctly. May be the Qt4 devel

> packages are installed as well so that krecipes configure script is

> getting confused.

rpm -qa | grep qt

qtcurve-kde-0.59.5-3.2

pinentry-qt-0.7.5-5.1

yast2-qt-2.16.53-5.1

libqt4-sql-sqlite-4.4.3-11.1

libqt4-sql-4.4.3-11.1

libsvnqt-devel-1.0.2-2.1

yast2-control-center-qt-2.16.2-11.1

qtcurve-gtk2-0.59.3-8.10

libqt4-qt3support-4.4.3-11.1

libsvnqt4-1.0.2-2.1

dbus-1-qt3-0.62-179.1

yast2-qt-pkg-2.16.47-0.2

python-qt4-4.4.3-2.2

libqt4-sql-mysql-4.4.3-13.1

libqt4-x11-4.4.3-11.1

python-qt-3.17.4-49.1

vlc-qt-0.9.3-1.4

libdbus-1-qt3-0-0.8.1-24.1

libqt4-4.4.3-11.1

libqt4-devel-4.4.3-11.1

qt3-devel-3.3.8b-42.1

qt3-3.3.8b-42.1

libpoppler-qt4-3-0.8.2-1.3

qt-recordmydesktop-0.3.7.2-0.pm.1

dbus-1-qt3-devel-0.62-179.1

that looks a fair mish-mash to me :-)

> After running configure there must be a file called config.log (I

> tried it on my fedora 8 box and it found qt3 libs and headers). May

> be you can find something about missing files.

I don't see anything helpful there. the end of the log is a raft of #define statements, then 'configure: exit 1

> > doesn't look right - unless I'm searching for the wrong package

> > name. I'll poke around some more, in the hope of finding more

> > info.

> > QTDIR appears to be correct

> > Anne

> Sidenote: At first Mandrake/Mandriva, then Fedora and now SuSE and

> always into deep. I wonder what comes next. Debian? LFS? That

> deserves my respect.

I dipped my toe into Debian before going to Fedora :-) and of course I have an EeePC, so that's Xandros, but I have to confess that I feel very unskilled when dealing with .deb systems.

Anne