Re: How to build kuickshow?

On Sunday 28 September 2008 13:44:39 Jonathan Rawle wrote:

> I've solved my problem before my message was approved! I downloaded the

> latest kdegraphics 3.5 source and was able to build that again the version

> of KDE that comes with CentOS, then install just Kuickshow.

> I see why RedHat don't include Kuickshow: some dependencies such as ImLib

> are not included in RHEL, I had to get them from third party repositories.

> Does anyone know if Kuickshow is still being maintained? There doesn't seem

> to be a page for it at KDE Extragear.

I'm not certain, but I suspect not, as I can't find anything recent either. Some of the functionality is on ShowFoto, and Gwenview can do everything Kuickshow did and more, I think, especially with kipi plugins, although users of KDE 4 still don't have the plugins. Since you're running KDE 3.5 I would think that Gwenview + kipi plugins is your best bet.

Anne