Re: Adding new locations to Kweather

2008/8/29 John Layt <john@xxxxxxxx>:> Which version of KDE are you using, 3 or 4?
I apologize, I really should have specified that. I'm enjoying KDE 3.5.10.
> KDE itself doesn't supply the> weather data, we just tap into various internet weather services.
I figured as much, which is why I mention that data is available from_somewhere_ for my city.
> In KDE3,> weather feeds are restricted to those supplied by NUMA/METAR which outside the> USA is largely restricted to major airports.  In KDE4, far more weather> service engines have been implemented so you can try switching providers to> something like the BBC which may have Haifa.  If none of the current KDE4> engines have Haifa and you know of an Israeli service that provides Free feeds> you can try contacting the current maintainer of the weather engines to ask> him to implement the service.
I will probably move to KDE 4.1 when in October when my distrostabilizes on that version, or to 4.2 when it arrives. At that time Iwill look into implementing additional services if need be. It is notan urgent task.
> But I'm not sure why you would need a weather feed for Haifa, if the weather> the time I visited is anything to go by it's always sunny and hot :-)
Good point! For winter, though, a [Rain||NoRain] indicator would be nice!
Thanks for the info. There's a cold beer waiting for you next time youare in town.
-- Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.ilא-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת;