Re: rc1 advice needed

On Monday 21 July 2008 20:53:24 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I decided to grab rc1 for my Fedora box.  All appeared to go well until
> > the
> > end, when it said that some icons conflicted with those from F9.  The
> > result is that all the packages are cached, but I daren't start manually
> > installing them, for fear of the conflict leaving me with an unusable
> > desktop.
>
> details?  I'd be interested in hearing what went wrong where.
> and where'd you get your rc1 from? :)

With some help from poc I cleaned out the rawhide cache, diisabled protection
on the main fedora repos, and enabled all the kde-redhat ones, then tried
again.  66 packages downloaded, the transaction check started, but I ended up
with screens full of messages like

  file /usr/share/kde4/servicetypes/plasma_comicprovider.desktop conflicts
between attempted installs of kdeplasma-addons-4.0.99-1.fc9.i386 and
kdeplasmoids-4.0.98-1.fc9.i386

I had hoped to familiarise myself with 4.1 before going to Akademy, but I
guess I'll just have to wait :-)

Anne