Re: playing mp3's on KDE4?

On Friday 18 Jul 2008 10:23:58 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Is this the problem only under kde4?
>
> "only"? You mean there are other DE's? ;-) (But seriously, KDE4 is all I
> have installed, and all I intend to install :-).)

:) I was more like thinking you had kde3 installed and are only now using kde4
full time. I say full time because i know you are a kde4 developer who
provided us with all the color selection stuff! ;)

> > IIRC on ubuntu/debian you need the
> > package libxine1-ffmpeg for mp3 support.
>
> Hmm, no ffmpeg, but I do see that xine-lib-extras-nonfree isn't
> installed; thanks Rex! (I can't test right this instant, but I suspected
> a missing package, so I bet this is it.)

Hmmm... Here in ubuntu, i do not have any package by that name. Anyway, Its
hard to get the package name right when each distribution calls it
differently. ;)
--
Cheers!
Kishore