Re: kwallet preferences

On Monday 14 April 2008 11:27:44 Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 01:10:16PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On the EeePC the wallet is well and truly hidden.  It doesn't show on the
> > taskbar/panel, and there is no module in kcontrol for changing
> > preferences. Is it possible to set preferences from the command line?
>
> Perhaps only the link file ist left out so try "kcmshell
> kwalletconfig" for the kcontrol module.

I tried "kcmshell kwalletconfig" from the command line, and it replied "Could
not find module 'kwalletconfig'.

> For the commandline tools this should work:
> kwriteconfig --file kwalletrc --group "Wallet" --key "Launch Manager"
> --type bool true; kwriteconfig --file kwalletrc --group "Wallet" --key
> "Leave Open" --type bool true;

After these, the wallet does stay open - i.e. if I close kde-pim, I don't have
to give the password again when I open it.  However, there is no icon docked
in the tray, so no indication as to whether it is open or closed.  Any ideas
on that, please?

I've started writing up a few things for the EeePC on my web space.  If I get
this sorted it will be added.

Anne