Re: syncing kmail on multiple machines

On Monday 27 August 2007 13:41:56 Jeff Grant wrote:
i did some playing around with my production mail server today, and all i can
say is, thank goodness i take daily backups, and as well i also set up a dup
mailbox on my server, so even todays mails wernt lost.  long story short, i
tried to convert to IMAP and maildir, and wasnt successful.  kmail kept
crashing while trying to wrangle 29000 messages, and i ended up dumping tons
of recent mail just to get kmail stable again.  i was able to finally pop my
lost messages back out of my dup account.

so, now im dev'ing up another mail server, so i can learn how to properly set
up an IMAP with maildir... and have squirelmail still see the same
directories as my kmail client (this was the part the threw me a wrech
today).

if anyone has advice or configuration tips, im all ears.

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org