Re: Extracting a passge from a long sound file

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:59:51 +0100
Basil Fowler <b.j.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings to all,
>
> From time to time I record BBC radio programmes, and then I wish to
> retain a certain section from the programme, discarding the rest.
[snipped]

Have look at gramofile; I don't know if this is exactly what you're
after, but its original uses was to copy a vinyl LP as one continuous
audio track and then split into tracks.

These tracks could be "cleaned up" excluding the worst of clicks and
hiss and be encoded into different format, depending on the sound file
editor used (though it does come with one, from memory).

Its not a KDE app, however, but more information can be obtained from:

http://www.opensourcepartners.nl/~costar/gramofile/

--

Graham