Re: Changing the Web browsers cache setting through dcop

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 21:06, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have written a small script that checks for a network connection during
> suspend/resume.
>
> If there is no network, kmail will be configured to be offline, for
> example.
>
> This works pretty good using these commands:
> | /usr/bin/dcop --user <myuser> kmail KMailIface stopNetworkJobs
> | /usr/bin/dcop --user <myuser> kmail KMailIface resumeNetworkJobs
>
> Now I would like to configure the konqueror cache in a same way. I can
> change this setting through
>
> kcontrol -> Internet & Network -> Web Browser -> Cache
>
> However, I didn't find a way to control this via dcop. Does anybody know if
> it is possible?

Cache settings could be part of a configuration file, possibly one for the IO
slaves.

One can use kwriteconfig to change values in those files, however having
application reload them might be difficult (possible though, there is a
script on kde-apps.org which does this to re-read proxy settings)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring