Re: all digitally signed emails showing as bad

> Just one more comment... I have seen quite many public keys that are actually
> not signed by anybody else (only their owner). Now these mean and prove
> absolutely nothing (see above), so I don't know why these people are even
> using them.

Hi!
  It's simple: When you know somebody personally, he/she can give you his/her
key on a disk/flash/paper/whatever, and you are SURE that it's his/her key. So
you can then verify that the mail you've just received really comes from
him/her, and not from anybody else.
  When you don't know a person writing signed mails, it's irrelevant for you
whether the mail from him/her is genuine or faked, either. So you can trust the
key obtained from the public keyserver or not, it's not so much important.
Just think about it as that the person is signing the mail not for you, but for
those, which know him/her personally and which are interested in receiving just
the real mails from him/her.
            With regards, Pavel Troller