Re: kmail - sending profile preference

On Monday 24 July 2006 19:50, David Corbin wrote:
> On Sunday 23 July 2006 23:58, Bob Stia wrote:
> >
> > Yes,
> >
> > Send a "New message to Mailing List" by right clicking on the folder that
> > holds the mailing list, or, at the top in the Message > Send New Message.
> > To reply, Message > Reply Special > Reply to Mailing List.  Or, just hit
> > L on your keyboard. This will work if you have your mailing lists set up
> > in Kmail. I have 4 separate ones and can do this on all of them.
>
> But if I just start a new message, and provide the mailinglist address, it
> *should* be made to have the same effect.  I pretty much start all my new
> mails (that are not replies) this with CTRL-N.  I should not have to treat
> mailing list mail differently.

I am not quite sure what you are saying here, but if you send a mail while in
that particular mailing list environment, it changes your "identity"
automatically so it is sent with the proper identity and will not bounce.

If you just send a brand new message in general, and put in the mailing list
address, click on the identity drop down list and make sure the proper
subscribed "identity" is sending it.

Hope this helps and clears things up a little bit.

Bob S.