Re: Moved to Mandrive2006 extremely slow performance

On Friday 16 June 2006 05:44, lostlake wrote:
> Hi,
> The process kded uses around 88% CPU with just 2 consoles up nothing
> else on.
> Is there anything I can do to get better performance?
>  I was running Mandrake 9.2 just fine before (Pentium II 350Mhz old but
> still!!)

kded is a program that loads and excutes plugins, so it is very likely that
one of those plugins is causing this.
Have a look n control center under KDE components -> services
A likely candidate is Kat, an indexer for content based search in user
documents. If you don't need it, it should be possible to deactivate it right
there in control center.

Cheers,
Kevin

--