Re: KPackage cannot connect to localhost port 22

Some boxes don't allow root to gain ssh access. Smart idea in my opinon. Look at the sshd.conf file and comment out the line preventing root ssh access.

Or check to see that the daemon is listening on port 22. Same file.

On 5/9/06, Malcolm Fitzgerald <mfitzgerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/05/2006, at 11:59 AM, flammenbringer wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 9. Mai 2006 03:22 schrieb Never you mind:
>> I've downloaded an RPM which I want to install. It opens in KPackage.
>> When I attempt to install it throws this error.
>>
>> ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: connection refused.
>>

>> How do I get past this problem?
>>

> In case you want to install the package, try a
>
> rpm -Uvh package.name.rpm
>
> in a console.

I'm happy to do that but I'd like to get KPackage running too. Any more
advice?

malcolm

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain