Re: Help for install koffice and kdepim3

On 5/9/06, Lorenzo La Spada <l.laspada@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm a new subscriber and a new user of KDE

I went through the install process of kde with some difficulties. Some of the kde parts are working well (kdeaccessibility3, kdebase3, kdegames3, kdelibs3, kdenetwork3, kdeutils3) while other failed to install or activate (kdepim3, koffice). I'm still facing some problems to install kdepim3 and koffice, I don't understantand which part is missing.

Can someone help me to find the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

First kdepim3, I got this message:

configure: WARNING:
***
*** getenv() is not thread-safe and getenv_r() does not exist
***
checking for timegm... yes
checking for gpg... /opt/local/bin/gpg
checking for gpgsm... no
configure: WARNING:
***
*** Could not find GpgSM, install GpgSM or use --with-gpgsm=PATH to enable it
***

This was looking for gpgsm the like-OpenPGP based encryption software.
It is not a dependency of kdepim. As such it need not be installed first.

If it is installed and you are compiling you own packages
     than you must tell the ./configure where gpgsm is installed.
Else
     tell ./configure not to look for it
fi

kdepim3-3.5.1-4 make-build failed!
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_kde_kdepim3/work/kdepim-3.5.1 && ./CompileScript.sh" returned error 1

/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [ libkcal.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
kdepim3-3.5.1-4 make-build failed!

Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdepim3): com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.archive com.apple.install
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

As for koffice, I had the following message:

Searching for dependency: koffice
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: koffice
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
Error creating ./karbon/libkarboncommon.la. Exit status 1.
koffice-1.5.0-0 make-build failed!

Warning: the following items did not execute (for koffice): com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.archive com.apple.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: koffice
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Fix the kdepim thing first.

Also, what distro are you using. A package manager such as portage (gentoo), rpm (red-hatish), urpmi (mandrake) and apt (debian) might be advantagous to you. As they will resolve dependencies for you.

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain