Re: opening external URL's in new tabs?

Le Mardi 18 Avril 2006 11:12, manouchk a écrit :
> Le Mardi 18 Avril 2006 10:30, manouchk a écrit :
> > Le Mardi 18 Avril 2006 09:49, vous avez écrit :
> > > Is there a way to make URL's clicked in Kmail (for example) to open in
> > > a new tab i existing Konqueror-window?
> >
> > Nothing is impossible! I guess it should be possible writing some script
> > or code. I just still can't figure out what code!
> >
> > > I did find the "Open as tab in
> > > existing Konqueror when URL is called externally" that SHOULD logically
> > > do that. But it doesn't. Reason being that if that checkbox is checked,
> > > the system will check just the current desktop for running Konqueror.
> > > If none is found, it will open a new window and load the URL there.
> > >
> > > Why is that a problem?
> >
> > Well, generally or at least sometimes, there are more than one instance
> > of konqueror. For example on my computer I generally have:
> > on desktop 1 => konqueror running in file manager profile
> > on desktop 2 => kmail+konqueror running in webbroser profile
> >
> > The instance of konqueror that is on desktop as special name in the menu
> > bar (konqueror-desktop2 for example). It may be possibly used by a script
> > to know in which instance of kde the tab should be opened. Another
> > solution would be to look at first instance found on the current desktop
> > (or another one?)... There are numerous possibility. Only the coding way
> > is missing to me. How can this be done in KDE? Using some window manager
> > program of KDE?? Where is the documentation of such a program that could
> > detect window property and send things to the instance of the window....
> > ?
> >
> > > Well, I have configured my desktop in such way that
> > > I have Kmail running on Desktop 1 in full-screen, and I have Desktop 2
> > > dedicated for Konqueror and other apps. I have also window-specific
> > > settings which tell the system to load Kmail on desktop 1, and load all
> > > Konqueror-sessions in Desktop 2. If I click on a URL in Kmail, I would
> > > like the constantly running Konqueror-window on Desktop 2 to load the
> > > URL, but that does not happen. What happens is that the system loads a
> > > new Konqueror-window (which then appears on Desktop 2, next to the old
> > > Konqueror-window), and loads the URL there. Is there any way to change
> > > this behavior?
> >
> > I hope so!!
> >
> > This is strange that it is not the default way it work! At least it is
> > like that with kmail and firefox on mandriva. It uses the -remote option
> > of mozilla-firefox if I'm not wrong
> >
> > when I look what konqueror can do :
> >
> > konqueror --help
> > Usage : konqueror [options-Qt] [options-KDE] [options-KDE-tempfile]
> > [options] [URL]
> >
> > well not so much interesting? Maybe the Qt options??
> >
> > I see that the doc of konqueror is in docbook format!
> > /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/konqueror/commands.docbook
> >
> > How can I read that?? It may contain usefull informations?
>
> I just found for the documentation of konqueror, just type help:konqueror
> [...]

Looking a little bit at dcop, I cannot found a function createNewTab or
something like. I found function createNewWindow but could figure out how to
make it run :

dcop konqueror-4420 KonquerorIface createNewWindow('www.google.fr')
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Is there any hidden createNewTab function??