Re: kweather

Bill Wells is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!

 I never realised it was there, nor all those other applets.! That explains
why the project seems to die on sourceforge in 2000 and the last available
source looks for qt-1.4 when I run ./configure. It was included in kde with
different maintainers than on sourceforge

I got the applet up and running, pity the nearest listing is Melbourne as
that's the airport where weather could be quite different from where I live.

Anyway it got me thinking about the weather and since it was my day off and I
had some time to play I did up a script that displays my local 4 day forecast
from the BOM using lynx, sed and more.

> kweather was in the KDE install package on disc 2 of the iso I downloaded
> from Slackware.org.  After I ran the install, I clicked on a blank space in
> kicker, :: add to panel :: applet :: Weather Report
> Bill Wells
>
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 01:40 pm, Rick Miles wrote:
> > with ref to earlier posts, where did you guys get kweather slackpack
> > from?

Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Sweetmorn, the 8th of Discord, 3172
http://people.aapt.net.au/~frmrick/