Re: KDE hangs in mid login after upgrade to 3.4

Ross Boylan wrote:

> I just upgraded from KDE 3.3 -> 3.4 (Debian testing distribution).
> Now, when I login via kdm, the window that shows progress in
> starting up appears and then freezes showing something between 30 and
> 50% complete.  It doesn't consume any noticeable CPU, but it doesn't
> progress any further.  I'm not sure which of the icons it was on at
> the time, though an earlier message on this list seemed to indicate
> that the x% complete appears during the session startup phase.

<snip>
Create a completely new user, and try to start KDE with that user. If it
works, then the problem is with your user config files, otherwise the
problem is with your installation (or maybe even a bug in KDE). Report back
and we can suggest further steps.

Regards,
Philip