Re: Howto restore Menu "Debian" and "Openoffice" in KDE

It's probably the wrong-right way, but I have created a dummy user and used their kmenu file.
I have never attempted Christian's method, but it looks closer to the actual right way to do it.

On 11/17/05, Christian Mueller < cmueller@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2005 08:01 schrieb Hans:
> Hello all,
>
> I accidently deleted some entries in the KDE-start-menu. This is the menu
> called "Debian" (where I had all the installed applications), and all
> "openoffice"-entries , hich are normally under "office". Is there a way to
> restore them ? I don´t want to delete my whole ~/.kde !

AFAICS that wouldn't even help!

> Hint: "kmenuedit" did not recover them, also "kmenuedit menu reset" did not
> work.

Edit or delete the file
~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

HTH,
Christian Müller.

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain