Re: Konsole font

andrew kar wrote:
James Richard Tyrer wrote:

I am using the KDE-3.4 BRANCH and recently something happened to
the standard font in Konsole.  It is now AA -- NOT bit mapped.

What happened?  If this is a change, I don't like it.

Or is there a problem which I need to fix?

???? I'm not sure what you mean by;." It is now AA- not bit mapped" A font can be bitmapped and still antialiased

Errrr.  How would they do that if the font didn't contain the necessary
information? IAC, I used to have a bit map that was not AAed, and now I have an AAed font.

and it has been this way for yonkers since kde 3.0 and xfree 4.0 at
least. Perhaps you never before had the bitmap option along with the
type1 and truetype options entered in your xorg/xfree86.conf file?
Did you update X or your distro recently along with KDE? andrew

I don't think that I made any changes except for upgrades of KDE-3.4 Branch. Didn't upgrade X or change my X configuration file.

I did upgrade Qt.

Konsole used to use:

	-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal

which comes in several sizes including the 9x15 which KDE ships.

I normally used "Large".

I find that I can still use the previous font by selecting it under "Custon": Fixed[Misc], Regular, 11.

But if I select "Large" I get something else -- looks like Courier.

--
JRT

PNG image

PNG image